5.09.2009

The Perfect STALKER: Less bugs upon release

This originally appeared when I typed it on the TTLG forum last year, in order to explain my point:

"S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky is nowhere near finished

I’m very disappointed with S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky. To think that they released this eagerly anticipated title with all the promise of enhanced graphics and gameplay, and what do I get? A rushed, very raw and buggy title; what a waste of money and time it has been trying to get this game to work.

There’s no point in raving about the game and how it looks and plays if you struggle to even get it to play. It keeps crashing to the desktop all the time, and I even have the 1.5.0.4 patch! You think this would have been the first thing they addressed.

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl felt raw and unpolished; not the best game and not the worst, but it least it was more stable. I swear it’s been a long time since I’ve come across something so half-baked in a game, and it’s a major title too! It’s got so many damn bugs, it’s unbelievable. 

Clear Sky should have spent another few months in the studio so they could play test and work out all these problems before hand. They should rather have released it next year when it was properly done; this is more what I’d expect from a beta version. 

If they have any sense they will fix it up quick and proper! And if there’s any hope of a third game in the series it, they had better learn from the mistakes they’ve made, and spend more time on it, too. Clear Sky is more of a shoddy expansion than a true ‘prequel’."

So, what I expect from Stalker: Call of Pripyat then, is the reverse. Something that has actually been finished before being released and doesn't require you to download patch after patch after patch. Clear Sky is all ready up to version 1.5.09, and those patches are over 50 MB each- a waste of data in my opinion, although the last two are mainly for multiplayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment